Take the First Steps to Your New Smile
Be Prepared For Anything
As a general rule, you should call the office when you experience severe pain or when you have a painful appliance problem that you can’t take care of yourself. We’ll be able to schedule an appointment to resolve the problem.
Here to Help
You might be surprised to learn that you may be able to temporarily solve many problems yourself until you schedule an appointment with our office.
- If a wire protrudes and is irritating, use a blunt instrument (back of a spoon or the eraser end of a pencil) and carefully, gently push the irritating wire under the archwire. Simply get it out of the way.
- If irritation to the lips or mouth continues, place wax on the wire to reduce the annoyance.
- Call our office as soon as possible for an appointment to check and repair the appliances.
- If any part comes off, save it and bring it with you to the office.
- After alleviating your discomfort, it is very important that you still call our Sacramento office as soon as possible to schedule a time to repair the problem.
Allowing your appliance to remain damaged for an extended period of time may result in disruptions in your treatment plan. Also check out archwired.com for more helpful hints!
Call us at 916-993-4171. If it’s after our business hours, please leave a message with our emergency service and we will get back with you as soon as possible.